The Centre of Excellence for Sustainability Impacts in Business and Society (CESIBUS), in line with the mission of the BBS, works to create and transfer knowledge on sustainability and responsibility, in the following fields:
· Conducting research in Hungary and internationally;
· Produce educational materials and implement educational activities;
· Collaborating with academic and corporate partners;
· Create, develop, and implement educational and training activities with partners in the field of research and education;
· Ensure visibility of the topic and the possibility of cooperation and joint work between researchers in the field at university level.
- Research - The Centre of Excellence works on a broad range of sustainability issues in two main research streams:
- Sustainability Impacts in Business - Sustainability in Organisations and the Value Chain: this stream researches the corporate and societal impact of sustainability and its measurability, with a particular focus on value chain integration.
- Sustainability Impacts in Society - sustainability beyond business: diversity and equal opportunities. In this stream, we focus on the social dimension of sustainability, including diversity and equal opportunities in business and society.
- Education - The Centre of Excellence's main task is to provide up-to-date information from this particular field to the BBS’s citizens, its partners, and external stakeholders as well. We provide new knowledge and research results for the BA course Responsible and Sustainable Company, which is compulsory at all three faculties of our University. In addition, we produce case study-based learning materials to ensure the horizontal dissemination of the topic, with the possibility of integration into other subjects. We also participate in national and international conferences and projects in order to create and use knowledge on sustainability as widely as possible.