With about 18,000 students, BBS is the number one business university in Hungarian higher education. Assessing our responsibilities and drawing upon our traditional values together with our cohesive community,we are consciously working today at a strategic level to contribute to a more sustainable future through guidance and example. The implementation of our Sustainability Strategy is managed by the Sustainability Council, and its day-to-day operations are supported by the Sustainability Network, which consists of members of the internal community.
BBS's sustainability activities are managed at several levels:
Sustainability Council (SCo)
In order to put the sustainability strategy into practice, the University management established the BBS Sustainability Council in September 2017 with the involvement of top experts, who fulfil their mandate as a pro bono commitment. The five external and two internal members - who exhibit excellence in academia and business - were invited by the Rector and Chancellor of BBS. The University is represented by Dr. László Radácsi, Vice Rector for Strategy and Innovation, and Dr. Balázs Sándor, Head of Human Resources. The Council is managed by two co-chairs, who were selected by the members- Éda Glória Pogány and Dr. László Radácsi. The task of the SCo is to monitor the fulfilment of the goals included in the sustainability strategy, to support internal developments, and to participate in the communication of sustainability results.
Members of SCo
• Márton Aichelburg, co-founder of Civil Vállalkozások Nonprofit Kft.
• Henrietta Magyar, Pfizer's Public Affairs and Communications Manager
• Péter Olajos, Vice President of the Foundation for the Circular Economy
• Éda Glória Pogány, Head of Syngenta Business Sustainability (EE)
• Dr. László Radácsi, BBS Vice Rector for Strategy and Innovation
• Dr. Balázs Sándor, Head of Human Resources at BBS