The Department of Applied Quantitative Methods offers courses in business mathematics, statistics and computer science that are necessary for qualifications to be obtained in the fields of finance and accounting, business administration and management, human resources and business information technology, and it also participates in the teaching of mathematics and informatics for business information technology majors. As part of its work the Department participates in a number of learning assistance projects and the development of electronic teaching materials.
The staff of the Department of Applied Quantitative Methods are members of several professiona, scientific and public organisations, such as:
- Committees on Statistics and Future Research of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Expert Committee on Social Sciences of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee
- National Council for Sustainable Development
- MELLearN Association (Higher Education Network for Lifelong Learning)
There are mathematicians, mathematics and informatics teachers, economists and economist-teachers in our Department, most of them with PhD degrees and decades of teaching experience. Our leading instructors also carry out research and research management tasks.
Besides network security, decision theory, game theory, or optimization modelling, members of the Department carry out mathematical didactics research, with special emphasis on skills development and the topic of “Using digital tools in mathematics education”, measure the performance of higher education, analyse financial culture, examine the activities of small and medium-sized enterprises, and carry out image, awareness and motivation studies. We regularly participate in international conferences. (Among others, for example, at EDEN, IFCS, MIDK conferences.)
The latest research results of the Department are published in Prosperitas:
- Hungarian Central Statistical Office
- Hungarian Statistical Society
- Committees on Statistics and Future Studies of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Economic Modelling Society
- CIB Bank