After having taken my degree in foreign trade at the Karl Marx University of Economics in Budapest, I practiced international trade for six years at a state-owned trading company.
After that I have been working in the field of higher education for 50 years.
I obtained my Dr. Univ. at the University of Economics in 1972 and my CSc degree in 1983 at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (a scientific qualification before the re-introduction of Ph.D.). I have a high degree exam of German and Russian languages and a middle degree of English. In 1977/78 I passed a postgraduate course at the Vienna University of Economics.
I worked at the University of Economics for 16 years, and since then, with some interruptions I have been a professor at the Faculty of International Management and Business of the Budapest Business School, in recent years as professor emerita.
I was also Rector of two institutions of higher education: The College of Foreign Trade (1988-1994) and the Szolnok Business College (2002-2007). These years were the most challenging times of my professional career.
From 1994 I was a Counsellor for trade at the Hungarian Embassy in Vienna for three years and a visiting professor at the Vienna University of Economics for one semester.
After having returned to Budapest I lectured at the Budapest Business School from 1997 till 2002 as Head of the Institute of Business Diplomacy and EU.
Simultaneously I had several challenging tasks:
- I managed the Hungarian implementation of two PHARE programmes preparing for EU membership (the education of the staff of the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Secretariat running the European Study Centres of Hungarian universities);
- I taught as a ‘Jean Monnet’ professor at the private College of Modern Business Studies;
- as College professor and Head of department I participated in establishing the course of economic sciences at the Berzsenyi Dániel College.
After having completed my Rector's term in Szolnok, from 2007 on I have been working at the Budapest Business School again, first as a research professor and then as a professor emerita focusing at the European single market. Parallel to that I acted as Head of the EU-Department for two years of the Heller Farkas College, Budapest, I lectured at Budapest College of Communication and for many years I have been teaching under the module International business transactions of the IBS.
I received three international scholarships: a nine-month and a one-month scholarship from the Austrian State and a three-month scholarship from DAAD in Germany.
As a result of my research activity I have written professional books (e.g. International marketing, Marketing channels, International barter business, The Austrian Agrobusiness in the European Union), textbooks as well as university and college lecture notes. My last book under the title Free Movement of Goods in the European Union was published in 2015.
After my preliminary six years as a businesswoman I gained in the 90’s further corporate professional experience through membership of board of directors and supervisory boards of foreign trade companies.
I was member of several professional organizations: for example, President of the Conference of Hungarian College Directors, member of High Education and Scientific Committee, expert of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee, member of the Hungarian Marketing Association, of the Hungarian Foreign Trade Association, of the Hungarian Rectors’ Conference, of the Supervisory Board of the Hungarian Tempus Bureau, of the Marketing Committee in the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, as well as of the Ethical Committee at the Budapest Commodity Exchange.
- The middle cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary from the President of the Republic of Hungary, 2006
- “For Excellent work performance” from the Minister for Culture, 1985
- “Excellent educator”, Minister of Education, Culture and Public Education,1991
- Award for External Business Development, Minister for International Economic Relations, 1994
- Honorary fellowship, University of Humberside, Hull (UK), 1994
- Pro universitate, Senate of Budapest Business School, 2012
- Professor emerita, Senate of Budapest Business School, 2013