One of the keys to the current and future success of our university is a strong organisational culture, which is characterised by a cohesive community, relationships based on trust and cooperation, which is based on ethical behaviour. BBS’ strategic goals include becoming a responsible and sustainable university, and in this, our shared values help us and guide us.
What are our core values?
- Modernity & traditions – BBS is a modern, innovative university open to new knowledge and methods, is proud of all its Faculties, and has a deep appreciation for its current and former students, faculty, researchers, and staff.
- Quality & responsibility – We strive for excellence in learning, education, research, in our work and our private lives, while being honest and taking responsibility for our actions. We do not harm others or the environment and we help our local communities.
- Partnership & respect – We also work with each other and our external partners, giving everyone respect, helping each other and sticking together. Community and collegiality are important to us, we stand up for each other.
What characterises our community?
- We create a diverse and open community – Different professional fields and cultures enrich our community. We respect these so as not to disturb or offend each other. We especially help the integration of our new and international students and lecturers. Our graduate students remain members of our community with whom we nurture our professional and personal relationships.
- We ensure equal opportunity – No one should be disadvantaged because of their gender, age, origin, language, religion, political views or sexual orientation. We strive for infrastructural and info-communications accessibility and to help those in need in these areas.
- We create a supportive atmosphere based on trust – We are polite, understanding, and helpful to each other and our external stakeholders. We strive for clear and timely communications. We are open and flexible in our problem-solving. We do not tolerate threatening, harassing or degrading behaviour. We help you achieve a work-life balance.
- Performance appraisal is objective, fair and constructive – This applies to all assessments, whether carried out by a student, instructor, manager or employee. The evaluation is transparent to the person concerned, but not publicly available to others.