The maintainer of Budapest Business School willl be the Foundation for Budapest Business School as of August 1, 2021, when it will take over this task from the former maintainer, the Ministry of Innovation and Technology, and will thus be responsible for the institutional and financial operation of the University.
The Foundation was established by the 2021 Act X., referring to the Foundation for Budapest Business School and the transfer of assets to the Budapest Business School. The Foundation was registered on June 30, 2021 by the Budapest Metropolitan Court with a starting capital of HUF 600 million.
The Foundation for the Budapest Business School qualifies as a public interest asset management foundation established by the state according to the 2021 Act IX. The public tasks of the foundation defined by law are the following:
1. For the founders, owners and maintainers of Budapest Business School the exercise of their rights, the conditions of its operation, the realization of its institutional development goals, insurance;
2. through Budapest Budapest School
a) continuation of the pursuit of higher educational activities,
b) further education related to the training activities of a higher educational institution not covered by point a);
3. In order to develop the economic, social and international relations of Hungarian higher education
a) the operation of a support programme for education, scientific research, students, instructors, researchers,
b) the provision of needs-based financial support,
c) supporting the operation of talent development programmes.
As a result of the change of maintainer, Budapest Business School will continue to operate as a university, which is a state-recognized institute of higher education.
The governing body of the foundation is the five-member Board of Trustees, whose activities are supervised by a Supervisory Board and an Auditor, and whose tasks are supported by the secretariat.
The Supervisory Board of the Foundation:
• Dr. Ferenc Dietz, Chairman of the Supervisory Board;
• Dr. Perneki Judit Anna;
• Prof. István Ábel (PhD), member of the Supervisory Board elected by the BBS Senate.
The Auditor of the Foundation: