It is a priority at Budapest Business University to develop its publishing activities, both in the field of (high-quality) academic and applied research, and in the field of quality education and talent management. BBU's University Library and Library Network, with the online database, and the Publication Repository, play a key role in supporting publication activities.
BBU Library Network
BBU' library network is one of the largest service units at our University. Through their activities, they support all members of the university community, whether it be a space for in-depth individual learning or as a community meeting place. The BBU Library Network was established in 2000, and currently includes the three faculty libraries and the Tourism Library. The mission of the member libraries is to serve BBU's extensive teaching, research, and study activities, as well as professionals in the academia and business. All activities of member libraries are closely linked to education and research, and our faculty and researchers rely heavily on the support and services provided by the Library Network.
Libraries support academic activities in several ways:
- they support teaching, research, and study at the University, as well as provide information on professional literature in the disciplines taught at the University, by having developed a modern, uniform, multifunctional library, and information supply system;
- they ensure the availability of university-level electronic information content (including databases, e-books, e-journals);
- they carry out scientific metrics analysis for the University, the Research Coordination Centre and BBU faculty and researchers;
- they support publishing, publication identification (DOI, ISBN), and plagiarism detection;
- they support the use of the Hungarian National Scientific Bibliography (HNSB), assist the work of lecturers-researchers with HNSB through personal professional consultation.
The University Library and its Library Network with its collections, services, information system, and professionally trained staff are essential organizational units of the University. Member Libraries also have their own websites.