The department's staff carry out a wide range of research activities, including, for example, analyses of the concentration and spatiality of trade. We share our research results through conferences and academic publications. Domestic and international publications of the department staff cover topics such as:
- the impact of digitalisation on commerce
- international trade trends
- the role of retailing in the economy
- diffusion of commercial networks
- optimal site selection
- supply chain management and logistics in commerce
- sustainability and social responsibility in commerce
- customer and consumer behaviour
- online and offline communication
Our business courses in the department's portfolio provide comprehensive economic knowledge, are very popular with students and provide excellent employment opportunities.
Retail trade during COVID-19
The Department of Commerce pays particular attention to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on retailing, purchasing and consumption patterns. Since the outbreak of the pandemic, several members of the department have been conducting ongoing research in this area in collaboration with senior lecturers and researchers from other universities.
We have published the results of our research in several journals and volumes:
- Sikos T. Tamás – Papp Vanda – Kovács András (2021): A hazai vásárlói magatartás változása a COVID-19-járvány első hullámában. In: TERÜLETI STATISZTIKA 61 : 2 pp. 135-152. , 18 p.
- Sikos T. Tamás – Papp Vanda – Kovács András (2021): Panic Buying in Hungary During Covid-19 Pandemic. In: THEORY METHODOLOGY PRACTICE: CLUB OF ECONOMICS IN MISKOLC 17 : 01 pp. 53-65. , 13 p.
Marketing – online-offline synthesis
In 2021, BBS FCHT Department of Commerce and BBS FIMB Department of Marketing are collaborating on a brand-new marketing (text)book, which aims to provide a comprehensive introduction to all the changes, approaches, models, and methodologies appearing in recent years in international marketing literature.
The aim of the book is to provide theoretical and practical knowledge from a new perspective - building on the most up-to-date international and domestic examples - to students, small entrepreneurs, and managers interested in marketing.
The volume is scheduled to be published in 2022 in Akadémia Publisher’s marketing series.